Code of Conduct
Social Good Connect values the contribution of all the volunteers making a difference through the opportunities in place. We want to conduct our affairs with a high standard of integrity, behaviour and good practice with regard to everyone involved.
The aim of this code is to provide guidelines for volunteers on what is expected from them within the scope of their role. It is hoped that these guidelines will help maintain and improve standards, while protecting volunteers from criticism or misunderstanding. It is not exhaustive and merely illustrates our expectations of volunteers.
As such, the following code of conduct containing basic rules has been established:
· To respect and co-operate with others and operate to relevant policies, guidelines and remits.
· To be a positive role model for volunteering activity.
· To aim for high standards of efficiency, reliability and quality in all aspects of your contribution.
· Work within your role description and the standards and scope of the role.
· To respect the need for confidentiality whenever you have access to privileged information, including, but not limited to, matters of a personal nature relating to volunteering opportunities.
· To take reasonable care of your own health and safety whilst volunteering and that of others who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
· To encourage two-way communication with other volunteers and paid staff, fostering a pleasant and friendly atmosphere.
· To declare any actual or potential conflict of interest as soon as possible, and to work within the law.
· Always inform the organisation if you can’t turn up at a time that someone is expecting you.
· If you are not happy with anything being asked of you, talk to the key contact within your own organisation or a member of the Social Good Connect team.
· Declare any current or new medical condition that may prevent you from carrying out your role effectively and safely.